Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Eagle Lake
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Landscape gallery on 07/27/17 at 1:37 pm EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments
Post last edited by Ed Lowe on 07/27/17 at 3:20 pm EST

Nikon D800
Nikon 17-35 @ 26 mm
f 18 @ 1/40 sec.
tripod & cable release
CPL
ISO 400
Acadia NP, ME

It was not the greatest light that particular morning, but we could not pass up this scene of Eagle Lake with those with fluffy white clouds streaming overhead. The CPL really helped give the colors a bit of a pop in the image as we were about 90 degrees off axis with the sun. For those of you that are familiar with Eagle Lake I did clone out a couple of rocks which I felt disrupted the scene.

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 07/27/17 at 2:53 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

Great shot, Ed. Those clouds were pretty awesome. It was nice to try and shoot something in the middle of the day. I like your comp much better than mine. You've made the lily pads much more of an important FG element, while mine seem tucked in a corner. I think this would make for a great B&W conversion.devil

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Williams on 07/27/17 at 5:06 pm EST    
Registered on 12/28/10, 636 Posts, 3499 Comments

Pretty scene Ed. Nice clouds and trees along the shoreline. I really like the scattered lily pads in the front leading into the scene.

Ed Williams
www.chasindaylight.com
La Habra, CA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Williams Gallery of Ed Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 07/27/17 at 8:05 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Ed, Great work capturing this in the mid-day light. I like it a lot and love the inviting feel it has. The clouds really add to the scene and I also like the lily pads in the foreground. This makes me want to paddle my canoe right into this scene. Your large version is beautiful and as I said...so inviting. Guess we don't always have to put our cameras away during the middle part of the day. cool

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 07/29/17 at 2:26 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

Sweet little lake.  I love the bit of land and trees coming in from the left.  Excellent comp with the lovely sky.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 07/29/17 at 9:24 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

This is a beautiful scene, Ed.  It looks like a wonderful place to enjoy a quiet morning.  This image captures that feeling well.  You handled the contrast in the scene well.  I like the wispy cirrus clouds in the sky.

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Teller on 07/30/17 at 08:51 am EST    
Registered on 08/23/10, 1162 Posts, 6692 Comments
Comment last edited by Richard Teller on 07/30/17 at 08:52 am EST

A very peaceful, lovely scene and well captured. It makes me want to be there. The reeds and lily pads make a nice foreground interest, the lake and trees make a leading line to draw you into the image and the sky adds the frosting. 

Richard Teller
Scottsbluff, NE
teller-nature-photography.redframe.com

The mountains and the seashore scream at you, but the prairie whispers and you have to stop and listen.
Don't shoot what it looks like, shoot what it feels like. David Alan Harvey

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Teller Gallery of Richard Teller

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 07/31/17 at 07:22 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Very nice even in the mid-day light, Ed, thanks to the  nice clouds. Nicely composed, lovely scene. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anil Rao on 08/01/17 at 04:35 am EST    
Registered on 11/15/03, 234 Posts, 4923 Comments

A wonderful location. The water, especially, looks so inviting. The lily pads are a nice addition. Photographs such as this one is what makes being outdoors so enjoyable. 

Anil Rao

Santa Clara, California

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Anil Rao Gallery of Anil Rao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Don Young on 08/02/17 at 09:29 am EST    
Registered on 04/23/15, 56 Posts, 224 Comments

This looks like a very peaceful and relaxing lake.  As mentioned before, the lily pads lead you into the scene.  I can imagine the Muskie and Pike beneath the surface!

All Photos and Comments by Don Young

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 08/05/17 at 12:17 am EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

Looks like a great day to enjoy the beauty. The lily pads and young reeds make for a nice sprinkled foreground.

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership