Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Find the Frog
Purchase Print
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Landscape gallery on 07/21/17 at 09:14 am EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments
Post last edited by Mark Seaver on 07/25/17 at 09:37 am EST

There's a small marshy pond at the wildlife sanctuary where I volunteer that has a very nice collection of water lilies blooming along with all of the activity that's part of a marshy woodland pond.  This view is a 10 shot stack where I didn't see the Green Frog until I started the processing.  (7D2, 100-400 f4.5-5.6 II @ 241 mm, f/13, 1/160s, iso 400, tripod and polarizer)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 07/21/17 at 6:37 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Mark, I sure am enjoying looking at this. The large version is so interesting and it is fun to let your eyes explore the whole scene. Great looking colors and a very cool image.

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Shirley Freeman on 07/22/17 at 2:31 pm EST    
Registered on 05/27/17, 77 Posts, 844 Comments

What a great image, Mark!  I had to do some looking to find the frog though, but I did finally find him.  He sure wasn't a problem with the stacking, so he must have stayed pretty still during your multiple shots. 

Shirley Freeman
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
www.freemansphotos.com

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Shirley Freeman Gallery of Shirley Freeman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 07/22/17 at 7:50 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

Nice capture of this scene.  The blooms add interest throughout the frame.  I might suggest actually dialing back on the contrast a bit on this scene.  I'm not sure if I found the frog or a rock, but I see what appears to be a partially submerged frog just above and to the left of the center of the frame. 

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 07/23/17 at 06:57 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Very nice image of the lillies in the pond (and the cute tiny frog), Mark. The flowers are lillies are gorgeous, and the detail is excellent. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 07/23/17 at 2:34 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

I like the composition specifically the placement of the flowers in the frame Mark.  Lovely color too.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 07/23/17 at 11:56 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

Took me a while to find the frog, but persistence paid off.  I love the detail in your stack and the blooms are perfectly placed.  Beautiful, Mark.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anil Rao on 07/24/17 at 11:03 am EST    
Registered on 11/15/03, 234 Posts, 4923 Comments

Beautiful in its simplicity. And, then there is the stunning detail. Studying this picture is a true visual treat.

Anil Rao

Santa Clara, California

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Anil Rao Gallery of Anil Rao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 07/24/17 at 4:24 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

The stack has produced some wonderful details in the large version, Mark. I also like your placement of the lilies throughout the frame and the little frog is doing a great job of being inconspicuous between those two lilies. It must be great having this place close by.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 08/04/17 at 12:12 am EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

cool Takes awhile.

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership