Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Incubator
Photo posted by gary phillips in the Landscape gallery on 02/17/17 at 5:22 pm EST
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

More from the Ice.  I can't seem to quit.  Only a couple more, I promise enlightened.  

iso 640, 150mm sigma macro, f/22, 1/200s

Way better large.

Thanks for the comments on the last image and I'd appreciate your thoughts on this one.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 02/17/17 at 6:44 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

What, are you trying to get another pick of the week???? sad  Another excellent abstract. These are fascinating. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Louis Pattis on 02/17/17 at 6:45 pm EST    
Registered on 03/30/12, 0 Posts, 164 Comments

What a mind bender, the more I look at the larger version the more it draws me in and I imagine the possibilities and while the incubation is in progress, give me the pretzel on the right, the beer I have in the fridge. Great ice bubble image !.

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Louis Pattis Gallery of Louis Pattis

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 02/17/17 at 7:04 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

I gotta agree with Harley, Gary. Your ice images are fascinating, as well as being technically excellent.
--P

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 02/17/17 at 9:04 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments
Comment last edited by Lon Overacker on 02/18/17 at 01:48 am EST

Gary,  You're killing us with this ice abstracts!  Wow, this one is awesome as well and as Louis put it, a mind bender.

I'll even pre-empt Igor and mention you've photographed another alien humanoid figure.  A little "Finding Nemo" figure is somehow run a tap to the brain... and the humanoid is contemplating munching on that pretzel twist, all the while balancing an embryo on it's head.  I make light with the imagination-gone-wild, but clearly these images can really stretch our imagination.

Technicals are masterful.  Did I say this before? Like a Modern Museum of Art piece?  Now available as a Triptych.....

Mesmerizing.

Lon  

ps. I will never again see the #7 in the same way....

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Genny K. on 02/17/17 at 11:09 pm EST    
Registered on 06/05/06, 132 Posts, 2001 Comments

Wow, you did it again!!
This one is kinda scary; I think I see worms in there, and I don't like that!!!!!
But yes, I do understand the "Incubator" title, too.  It's gets weirder after that........an embryo blowing bubbles?
These have been incredible.  I don't know where you found this ice, but you did a MASTERFUL job of photographing and processing these  images.  They have been spectacular.  Well done!!!devil

Genny K.
Alaska, USA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Genny K. Gallery of Genny K.

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 02/18/17 at 03:26 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

I'll even pre-empt Igor and mention you've photographed another alien humanoid figure

Clearly it's the beginning of life, an embryo still within its womb. As a composition I think this one may be stronger than the Weekly Pick. Excellent work Gary.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Doug Koepsel on 02/18/17 at 10:06 am EST    
Registered on 04/01/10, 196 Posts, 1592 Comments

Nice stark contrast in the image.  I do not know what I would change.  An alien womb for sure.

Doug Koepsel
Flagstaff, AZ
Plateau Light Photography
https://www.facebook.com/doug.koepsel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Doug Koepsel Gallery of Doug Koepsel

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 02/18/17 at 3:08 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

Very fun patterns and shapes, and one can imagine all kinds of things. I can understand why you had so much fun with this ice. Love the abstracts you have posted, and this one may be my favorite.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 02/18/17 at 4:40 pm EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Another great abstract. Your crop looks like you have included all  of the important designs. I don't  get  sick of these.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 02/18/17 at 5:16 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

No need to stop with these!  This one reminds me of a sonogram of a baby.  Great forms and lines in the composition.  The tonal contrast helps to bring out all of the subtle detail.  Nicely done!  Also, congratulations on the weekly pick from one of your previous posts.  It was well deserved.

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Leggett on 02/18/17 at 7:54 pm EST    
Registered on 07/21/04, 706 Posts, 3233 Comments

WOW Gary !!  These are blowing my mind.  Your ice abstracts are in a class by themselves.  Keep them coming blush

Bill
Mississippi Gulf Coast
"They do not sweat and whine about their condition,
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins..."
Walt Whitman

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Leggett Gallery of Bill Leggett

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 02/19/17 at 10:30 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Outstanding again, Gary. Looks like you have the making for an exhibit. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Sandor on 02/19/17 at 11:12 am EST    
Registered on 01/12/14, 453 Posts, 1625 Comments

Gary: excellent, just excellent! Richard

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Sandor Gallery of Richard Sandor

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mattia Oliviero on 02/19/17 at 12:45 pm EST    
Registered on 08/24/16, 43 Posts, 254 Comments

Love this kind of ice drawings. I know, ice to me is becoming an obsession. Unfortunately here in Italy is already spring. Very well seen.

Mattia

Mattia Oliviero
Trento, Italy

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mattia Oliviero Gallery of Mattia Oliviero

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dave Dillemuth on 02/19/17 at 8:35 pm EST    
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

You have quite a talent for names. This is a crazy cool and intriguing abstract. Your B&W processing looks top notch.

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 02/19/17 at 11:15 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Ice, a favorite subject...  Love the piled up bubbles here, Gary, along with their fascinating shapes.  I'm thinking ET, phone home here, with the strong shape in the center.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership