Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Himalayan Autumn
Photo posted by Dave Dillemuth in the Landscape gallery on 11/28/16 at 9:03 pm EST
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

Upper Mustang region of Nepal. This image was captured last month on a brisk morning close to the tea house at which we spent the night. 

5DSR, 24-105 f/4 IS L @ 105, .75 GND + two image blend for exposure

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 11/28/16 at 9:21 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

This is right out of Lone Pine right Dave?  enlightenedangel  This is a wonderfully captured landscape.  The distinct layers are all working beautifully together. The color gorgeous.

Not sure there's anything I can suggest to improve this.  Perhaps a slight shave off the top to have an equal presence between the foreground autumn, the mountains and the clouds.  Not sure though with the various tones in the clouds if there's a clean break in there.  minor thought.

Looking forward to more from your trip!

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 11/28/16 at 9:40 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

I like the alternating warm - cool - warm layers.  Beautiful light to compliment the  imposing peaks.

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 11/28/16 at 10:49 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Gorgeous light and wonderful layers in this scene, Dave. The combination of warm and cool tones works beautifully as does the drama laden sky. I look forward to seeing some more of your fantastic work from your trip.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tom Falley on 11/29/16 at 12:17 am EST    
Registered on 11/21/14, 189 Posts, 454 Comments

Dave:

Thanks for sharing. Hope you like the 5D Sr, I used one all Summer and was quite pleased.  One would think it wouldn't be that great for aerial photography which is by definition hand held due to image motion, but it seems to be  good tool. I used to use the 24-105  as I like the reach, but just didn't have the edge sharpness of the new version 24-70 2.8 L II.  Pulled off some 2'x3' prints which are quite sharp!  

Daughter and husband just getting back from a sucesfull climb of Ama Dablam, exit beating the quake. 

Looking forward to more images from your exploration.

Cheers:   Tom

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tom Falley Gallery of Tom Falley

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 11/29/16 at 10:43 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Come, this is the Sierra from the White Mountains!  sadsad  Beautiful landscape!!! You hit Nepal at a great time of year. I don't think I have ever seen fall colors from the region. This is sweet! Looking forward to seeing more from your trip. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Craig Moreau on 11/29/16 at 11:13 am EST    
Registered on 04/21/15, 64 Posts, 584 Comments

Dave, I love all the layers here, and the color combination is great! I don't know if it's just my eyes, but there may be a bit of a halo on the right side at the transition from brown mid-ground to blue background.

Craig Moreau
Central CT

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Craig Moreau Gallery of Craig Moreau

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 11/29/16 at 6:10 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

This is nice, atmospheric, image, Dave. The layers of warm/cool work nicely. Well done!
--P

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 11/29/16 at 8:31 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

I would crop from the top. Half of this image is dedicated to the clouds yet most of the interest is in the other half. I would crop to just above the blue hole in the sky. Just my thoughts. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 11/30/16 at 6:11 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments
Comment last edited by Nick Bristol on 11/30/16 at 6:14 pm EST

Dave, What a wonderful landscape image this is. A fantastic scene with wonderful light and colors. The cool / warm colors really work so well here and I love all the layers. I could see the crop Igor mentioned but beautifully captured as it is. That upper cloud layer does work nice with the tree layer so a hard call for me. Excellent work!!

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 11/30/16 at 10:41 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

This is beautiful, Dave.  Love the layers, and warm and cool vibe.  I kinda agree with Ivan on the crop, but pretty sweet as is.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jeffrey Sipress on 12/02/16 at 11:15 am EST    
Registered on 02/17/04, 236 Posts, 1197 Comments

Outstanding, Dave.  This makes the trip worthy!  There is a lot of sky but it echoes the foreground colors so well.  You could try compressing the reddish section into a narrower band, thus keeping the color but reducing the height.  Not really necessary though.

Jeffrey Sipress, Santa Barbara, CA    

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jeffrey Sipress Gallery of Jeffrey Sipress

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 12/02/16 at 9:07 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

Gorgeous colors and light. The gold and blue go well together and the clouds at the top make for many interesting layers.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership