Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Pinnacles
Photo posted by Dave Dillemuth in the Landscape gallery on 10/14/16 at 11:42 am EST
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

Kearsarge Pinnacles in the King Canyon N.P. backcountry. After being plagued with cloudless skies all summer I finally lucked out with some clouds earlier this week on a brief backcountry trip. Comments, suggestions and critiques appreciated.

5DSR, 16-35 f/4 IS L @ 16mm, 2.5 stop GND, 3 exposure blend
ISO 100, f/13, 1.3 sec

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 10/14/16 at 12:50 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

The pink/blue sky is a realy eye grabber, Dave.  The reflection adds nicely as do the fall grasses, lower left.  You're blending looks great.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 10/14/16 at 1:15 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

The large version is a must see to fully appreciate what the blend and the 5DSR gives you. The mountains, reflections, and the detail in that grass are all wonderful. The sky, even with the clouds are the weakest element. The reflected sky, however, looks much better. I'm wondering if stretching reality to make the sky by a bit darker and more saturated would be an improvement. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 10/14/16 at 3:01 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

Just beautiful, as is. Wouldn't change a thing. This is so peaceful and really conveys the sense of the high Sierras. Glad you got some good skies this trip, Dave. Love to see your photos of this area since I used to back pack and no longer can do so!

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Hoveijn on 10/14/16 at 4:14 pm EST    
Registered on 11/02/15, 18 Posts, 192 Comments

Great light and colours. Nice comp with the diagonal stretch of water. Lots of detail front to end. I could do with less sky, say half the sky. But that is just minor. Beautiful mountainscape. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Hoveijn Gallery of Igor Hoveijn

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 10/14/16 at 5:40 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Nice to finally get some skies! Beautiful high country image. No suggestions here. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 10/14/16 at 8:00 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Impressive work, Dave! A beautiful scene that you captured perfectly. The large version looks fantastic. I would love seeing this at about a 40 x 60" print. Thinking about the 5DSR and do have the 16-35 f/4 L which I like very much. 

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 10/15/16 at 07:36 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments
Comment last edited by scott lanz on 10/15/16 at 07:36 am EST

Beautiful, Dave. I like the well balanced comp. Excellent use of the foreground grasses in the comp. The blending looks perfect.

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 10/15/16 at 1:52 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

Dave, you did a very nice job with the blending to capture that special Sierra light. This looks like I would expect it to look, and the mood is very nice. No nits from me: This works very well.
--P

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Aaron Feinberg on 10/16/16 at 06:42 am EST    
Registered on 10/26/09, 399 Posts, 2789 Comments

Way cool. Nice work!

"You never know how you look through other people's eyes"    
aFeinberg Gallery
Princeville • Poipu

aFeinPhoto
Facebook
IG

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Aaron Feinberg Gallery of Aaron Feinberg

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ken Smith on 10/16/16 at 10:30 pm EST    
Registered on 09/05/08, 449 Posts, 2444 Comments

Exquisite photo.  The light and your blend of this is very satisfying to the eye.  Soft light and warm tones compliment the details and crystal sharpness of the view.  My only thought is to wish for a little more of the mtn on the rt side.  The center for me in this comp is a bit to the rt and as a result, I want a little more (15%) on the rt.   As is ...a winner and wall hanger!

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ken Smith Gallery of Ken Smith

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Albert Darmo on 10/16/16 at 10:43 pm EST    
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

Hi  Dave crying Beautiful  colors  and  fine  detail  make  this  image  a  winner,  i'm  on  the fence   about  cropping  the sky

Albert  Darmo

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Vance Gese on 10/16/16 at 11:55 pm EST    
Registered on 11/13/08, 298 Posts, 6629 Comments

Outstanding image.  That reflection is amazing and the warm tones of those foreground grasses just melt into the warm light subtly cast on the mountains and clouds.

Vance Gese
Vance Gese Photography
Quilcene, Washington
I was merely there, a small, puny, awestruck man,
praising Almighty God, with camera in hand.

Make a few images, well.

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Vance Gese Gallery of Vance Gese

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tony Kuyper on 10/19/16 at 11:49 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 364 Posts, 22328 Comments

Wonderful dept, great color, engaging composition.  Nicely done.

Tony Kuyper
Luminosity Masks and other tutorials

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tony Kuyper Gallery of Tony Kuyper

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kah Kit Yoong on 10/20/16 at 6:04 pm EST    
Registered on 09/27/06, 636 Posts, 10682 Comments

The radiating clouds and their reflections add a lot of depth to this. Simply gorgeous.

Landscape and M&N Gallery Moderator
Melbourne, Australia
Blog : [url]http://www.magichourunplugged.com/[/url]

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kah Kit Yoong Gallery of Kah Kit Yoong

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership