Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Turnagain Designs
Photo posted by Vance Gese in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 05/26/16 at 9:08 pm EST
Registered on 11/13/08, 298 Posts, 6629 Comments

This remarkable pattern of lines was found in the tidal flats of Turnagain Arm, an amazing inlet just south of Anchorage, Alaska.  The image was made after sunset one autumn several years ago with a long lens and cropped to a panoramic format to accentuate the linear design.  I may have posted this image years ago but as it is no longer in my gallery, I thought I would post it here as it seemed to fit the theme of this week's challenge.  Any suggestions, comments, thoughts would be appreciated.
4x5, 600mm, Velvia

Larger, detail size image attached.

Thank you.

Vance Gese
Vance Gese Photography
Quilcene, Washington
I was merely there, a small, puny, awestruck man,
praising Almighty God, with camera in hand.

Make a few images, well.

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Vance Gese Gallery of Vance Gese
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Barb Pflaum on 05/26/16 at 10:53 pm EST    
Registered on 01/14/09, 316 Posts, 2724 Comments

This is a very dramatic and beautiful image, Vance!  I love the lines, textures, sunset colors, and the mountains in the bg.

Barb Pflaum
Northern Illinois

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Barb Pflaum Gallery of Barb Pflaum

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 05/27/16 at 7:04 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

Beautiful, Vance.  The sunset on the parallel waves produces a remarkable image.

devil

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Gavin on 05/28/16 at 6:08 pm EST    
Registered on 08/14/08, 293 Posts, 1250 Comments

I keep coming back to this and every time I am increasingly impressed with its beauty and dramatic colors. It really leaps out from the others on a full page of gallery photos. The largest version is a must see. My only nit: It appears that the horizon is tilted a bit to the left. I think the top (above the black diagonal stripe) would make a great pano. Remarkable image.

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Gavin Gallery of Jim Gavin

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Marylynne Diggs on 05/29/16 at 12:23 am EST    
Registered on 12/14/10, 122 Posts, 1034 Comments

Ditto what Jim said.  Gorgeous...just tilted ;-)
ML

ML Diggs
Portland OR

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Marylynne Diggs Gallery of Marylynne Diggs

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 05/31/16 at 8:59 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Wow, I thought I'd commented on this, Vance.  It's an outstanding compressed view of this sunset, that shows a great series of lines across the foreground, with the wide swaths in the foreground and the tighter lines in the distance.  The ghostly peaks on the horizon are a neat change of pace and add a bit of context.  It's a beauty.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership