Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Mammoth Sunrise
Purchase Print
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Man & Nature gallery on 10/24/15 at 7:09 pm EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments
Post last edited by Mark Seaver on 10/24/15 at 7:31 pm EST

I got a sunrise to light up well at Mammoth Hot Spring's upper terrace this morning (on my 4th try this trip).  This year, there's lot of water and mist so the foreground can add some fine reflections.  (5D3, 24-70 f2.8 @ 46mm, f/10, 1/10s, iso 100, tripod)  Three images combined to control the sky brightness.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 10/25/15 at 09:07 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful sky and scene. 4th time is a charm!

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ken Henke on 10/25/15 at 1:32 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/12, 117 Posts, 285 Comments

Your efforts really paid off on the sweet light!

Ken Henke
Wellington, CO
http://www.henkeimagery.com

All Photos and Comments by Ken Henke

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 10/25/15 at 2:46 pm EST    
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Very nice and tranquil pic, Mark! The mist and reflections are great. And you did a good job on the blending, it looks really natural to me. I might play with a crop from the left though, the two darker parts in the LLC are a bit distracting.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Teller on 10/25/15 at 6:22 pm EST    
Registered on 08/23/10, 1162 Posts, 6692 Comments

Very nice color, and composition. The large version shows the detail nicely. The partial shrub in the lower left corner is a bit districting. I tried moving the larger version up and down and I like a crop from the bottom to eliminate the shrub and focus more on the great colors. 

Richard Teller
Scottsbluff, NE
teller-nature-photography.redframe.com

The mountains and the seashore scream at you, but the prairie whispers and you have to stop and listen.
Don't shoot what it looks like, shoot what it feels like. David Alan Harvey

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Teller Gallery of Richard Teller

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Stephen Stanton on 10/25/15 at 6:41 pm EST    
Registered on 03/01/15, 54 Posts, 453 Comments

You captured some beautiful light on the springs and the mist, Mark. I like that FG diagonal on the edge of the water line and think it provides a good balance to the snow covered one in the middle,so I would vote not to crop it and eliminate the darker bushes. I do not find them a distraction.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Stephen Stanton Gallery of Stephen Stanton

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 10/26/15 at 3:34 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Mark, You really found some wonderful conditions on your 4th try so it did pay off. I like this alot. I can see a crop of some of the bottom and the left but it works well for me as is. Way to keep at it! cool

Nick Bristol   Lone Rock, WI

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 10/28/15 at 01:50 am EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Stunning color and fantastic moodiness.  Wow.  I especially love the reflected light on the foreground water.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Shain on 10/28/15 at 9:53 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/07, 226 Posts, 4571 Comments

Hi Mark,

This image is so sweet with the gorgeous light illuminating the clouds, and the reflections in the water are a great compliment!!!! I want to spend another  7 days just in Yellowstone one year. There is so much to explore!!!!

Ryan Shain
Joliet, IL

The universal Mind contains all knowledge. It is the ultimate potential of all things. To it, all things are possible.

Ernest Holmes

All Photos and Comments by Ryan Shain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Albert Darmo on 10/29/15 at 11:07 pm EST    
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

Hi  Mark.crying.  Excellent  in every aspect !!     you  captured   wonderful  color and mooddevil

Albert Darmo
Canada

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership