Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Palouse "Dunes"
Photo posted by Vance Gese in the Man & Nature gallery on 11/06/14 at 10:03 pm EST
Registered on 11/13/08, 298 Posts, 6629 Comments

The whole intent of this image was to showcase the remarkable dune-like forms of the hills of this remarkable farmland region of eastern Washington. Hence, attempted to distill this down to the wonderful early morning golden light and shadow on a chilly autumn morning. Your suggestions and comments would be really appreciated.
4x5, 600mm Nikkor, Provia 100F. M1 scan, Tony Kuyper's masks and such.

Please look at the larger image.

Thank you.

Vance Gese
Vance Gese Photography
Quilcene, Washington
I was merely there, a small, puny, awestruck man,
praising Almighty God, with camera in hand.

Make a few images, well.

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Vance Gese Gallery of Vance Gese
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Teller on 11/06/14 at 10:11 pm EST    
Registered on 08/23/10, 1162 Posts, 6692 Comments

Very nice use of light and shadow and sweet early light. Nice image.

Richard Teller
Scottsbluff, NE
teller-nature-photography.redframe.com

The mountains and the seashore scream at you, but the prairie whispers and you have to stop and listen.
Don't shoot what it looks like, shoot what it feels like. David Alan Harvey

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Teller Gallery of Richard Teller

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 11/07/14 at 02:26 am EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

In some respects I think the Palouse is much like the badlands that I love. The texture is different and the colors change with the seasons, but what is most appealing is the pattern of light and shadow and the very graphic nature that you have so wonderfully displayed. Very nice work as always, Vance.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 11/07/14 at 9:49 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Lve the light and shadow play here Vance. Works well in conveying the theme of dunes.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Rick Turner on 11/08/14 at 09:30 am EST    
Registered on 02/18/12, 534 Posts, 2755 Comments

A keeper and perfect for very large prints.

Rick Turner
Dallas

"Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships"..
Ansel Adams

Keep on Shooting!
God Bless Texas!!!!!!

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Rick Turner Gallery of Rick Turner

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Angela Classen on 11/09/14 at 12:59 am EST    
Registered on 06/13/07, 434 Posts, 2742 Comments

The shadow and light play is terrific. Love the warm tones and color. A really nice image, Vance.

Angela Classen - Natural Images Photography
Grand Junction, Colorado
Visit My Web Site http://www.angelaclassen.com
"Like" me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Natural-Images-Photography-by-Angela-Classen-321163896848/

"Life looks better through polarized lenses" ~ Me

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Angela Classen Gallery of Angela Classen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership