Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Enveloped in Gold
Photo posted by Vance Gese in the Landscape gallery on 11/06/14 at 9:56 pm EST
Registered on 11/13/08, 298 Posts, 6629 Comments

This is an image made in 2006 of some maple trees in full autumn splendor found in the Skokomish River Valley which is located in the southern regions of the Olympic Peninsula. The autumn color in 2006 was quite nice. Hope the color looks okay; the yellows looked muddy with my first try. Your thoughts, comments, and suggestions would be very much appreciated.
4x5, 360mm Nikkor, warm polarizer, Velvia 100. M1 scan, Tony Kuyper's masks and such.

Please see the larger image.

Thank you.

Vance Gese
Vance Gese Photography
Quilcene, Washington
I was merely there, a small, puny, awestruck man,
praising Almighty God, with camera in hand.

Make a few images, well.

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Vance Gese Gallery of Vance Gese
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 11/06/14 at 10:24 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments

I like the contrast of the maple leaves against the moss covered tree trunks. As with most forest scenes it is busy, but yet striking.

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 11/07/14 at 12:27 am EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

It takes a powerful mind to make sense of such chaos and translate it for us mere mortals. The golds and velvety greens are really sweet, Vance. I like this a lot and the large view was very satisfying.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 11/07/14 at 08:03 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Beautiful frame filling color with enough structure and contrast to make it work, Vance. The yellows look good in this version, and the detail is excellent. Nice work.

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 11/07/14 at 09:06 am EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Vance, You managed to put together a comp that really works here, and I know that would not have been easy. The yellows leaves and green moss looks great and the wonderful light brings it to life. Your large version is a treat to view with all the detail. Excellent work to my eye!

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Pat Sampson on 11/07/14 at 1:56 pm EST    
Registered on 05/19/07, 953 Posts, 15989 Comments

Beautiful image Vance. I like the detail and patterns very much as posted and imagine it's quite spectacular on a real display or printed where the resolution can shine. No suggestions.

pat

Patrick Sampson

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Pat Sampson Gallery of Pat Sampson

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Shain on 11/07/14 at 4:59 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/07, 226 Posts, 4571 Comments

Vance,

This image is beautifully constructed with your vision in organizing this complicated image. You have constructed structure, collected beautiful glowing light, and have such a sweet contrast with the dark trees. The larger image is stunning to look at, excellent work!!!!

Ryan Shain
Joliet, IL

The universal Mind contains all knowledge. It is the ultimate potential of all things. To it, all things are possible.

Ernest Holmes

All Photos and Comments by Ryan Shain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Reid on 11/07/14 at 10:09 pm EST    
Registered on 01/27/13, 65 Posts, 2460 Comments

Another of your signature forest scenes Vance and you've done it again. Great blend of colors and details and the back round looks great. I'm amazed how you sort this stuff out. Really nice scene.

Bill Reid
Nanaimo, British Columbia

All Photos and Comments by Bill Reid

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tony Kuyper on 11/07/14 at 11:07 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 364 Posts, 22328 Comments

Really like the repeating lines and colors. As an abstract composition, it has a nice level of variety to keep it interesting. Color looks good on my monitor. Not over-the-top yellow and a nice hint of green.

Tony Kuyper
Luminosity Masks and other tutorials

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tony Kuyper Gallery of Tony Kuyper

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership