Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Peeling Birch
Photo posted by Ed Lowe in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 09/28/04 at 8:57 pm EST
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Nikon N90S
300mm f4 in macro setting
tripod & Kirk ballhead
Velvia
Acadia National Park,ME

I was intrigued with the delicate patterns of the peeling white birches in the grove. As I looked around I noticed some grasses that could be used to diagonally cross the frame and make the image stronger.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Graf on 09/29/04 at 12:23 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 39 Posts, 542 Comments

I really like this Ed, nice idea with the grasses too. It looks to have a bit of a blue-green cast to it though.

All Photos and Comments by Mark Graf

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Scott Hussey on 09/29/04 at 9:31 pm EST    
Registered on 03/02/04, 45 Posts, 215 Comments

I like this one too, I think the way the grass breaks up the pattern on the bark is what makes it interesting for me.

All Photos and Comments by Scott Hussey

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 09/29/04 at 10:51 pm EST    

Thanks for the comments Mark and Scott. I did not notice the green cast when setting up the camera,but it is on the slide. It was an overcast day and maybe the birch was picking up a slight cast from the undergrowth and grasses.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 09/30/04 at 5:28 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

This is really nice , Ed. I really like how you divided the frame with the grass. One exits at the top right and one enters at the lower left. I don't know wether the slide has taken on the green cast or maybe it's some kind of growth like moss on the tree.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Fach on 10/02/04 at 3:06 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 1805 Posts, 26981 Comments

Ed: I like this, green cast included. It gives the image a delicacy that I find appealing. It looks like a pattern for wallpaper, and I mean that in a complimentary way. Very pleasing image. >

Bill Fach
Soli Deo Gloria
www.sdgimages.com
Houston, Texas
Flora Gallery Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Fach Gallery of Bill Fach

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 10/02/04 at 3:51 pm EST    

Thanks for the comments Mike & Bill. The more I study the image the more I think Mike may be correct about the green cast being some growth. BTW I do not mind the cast either.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership