Our New Online Portfolio Site - PhotoPortfolios.net
Text and photography copyright Jim Erhardt. All rights reserved.
We are pleased to announce the launch of our latest web site and NPN membership benefit, PhotoPortfolios.net!
PhotoPortfolios.net is a unique and elegant blend of photographer portfolio and online image catalog. Members of the Nature and Travel Photographers Network are entitled to a complimentary 40-image portfolio as part of their membership benefit package. PhotoPortfolios.net is intended not only as a showcase for our members’ work, but to serve as a conduit between member and photo buyer.
PhotoPortfolios was designed with the following key points in mind;
- Elegance in presentation. We wanted to create a site that showcases the photography of our members, a site that any of our members would be proud to display their work on.
- Ease of use. The new site is based on the same software as our image critique forums. Creating and editing your portfolio is easy and straightforward!
- Personalization. Each member can upload a biography and image for display in their Photographer Profile.
- Image Categorization. The primary image categories are based on the same themes as the NPN image critique forums. Additionally, each image can be assigned to sub-categories during the upload process via a simple-to-use check box system.
- Image search. Each image can be assigned key words during the upload process.
- Marketing Resources. A page that is dedicated to helping our members be successful in marketing their work. This page will continue to grow with newly added tips, links to useful articles, books, resources, etc.
- Featured Portfolio. Every month, we will select one of our member’s portfolios and feature it on the Home page of the PhotoPortfolios.net web site.
Additionally, we wanted to create a site that would be easy for photo buyers to find and purchase rights to our members’ images. Images can be viewed and/or searched by photographer’s name, by primary category and sub-category, and by key word search. Each image is displayed with key information that photo buyers will need to know to base their buying decisions on.
PhotoPortfolios.net does not take commission on any image licensing or sale. All transactions are entirely between member and photo buyer.
PhotoPortfolios.net will be actively promoted to photo buyers in 2004. We have already purchased lists to photo buying agencies that have an interest in nature and wildlife stock photography. Additionally, the new site will be advertised to attract new members and subscribers. We have already purchased ad space in the NANPA 2004 Summit bulletin.
We are very excited about PhotoPortfolios.net, and the benefits it is going to provide for our membership. We hope that you are too!
Comments on NPN nature photography articles? Send them to the editor.