The use of a diffuser to soften the harsh sunlight in combination with a reflector to bounce some light in from the opposite direction resulted in a very pleasing photo. However, I decided that I wanted the flower to stand out better from the background so I repositioned the camera relative to the subject to make use of a background that was in complete shade. I also stopped down a bit further – to f/11 – to add a little more depth of field.
This image was taken at f/11 at 1/25th of a second.
View original photo in new window.
With a good, workable image captured, I imported the file into Photoshop. After cleaning up the background, adjusting levels, cropping from top and bottom and applying sharpening, I had a finished product ready for display.
Proceed to Photo 7 - the final rendition!